1. What is your turnaround time?
The average order takes 1-2 business days to complete. For large or highly-customized orders, a target date will be given on a case-by-case basis.
2. Are you able to rush orders?
Rush and same day turnarounds are available but are subject to additional fees and restrictions.
3. Do you sell cameras or camera equipment?
Unfortunately, no. However, there are a lot of locations on the island that do sell or loan cameras and camera equipment! Check them out below:
- Hawaii Camera (Camera & Camera Equipment Rentals)
- Kaimuki Camera (Canon Camera & Camera Equipment Retail)
- Pro Camera Hawaii (Camera & Camera Equipment Retail)
- Treehouse (Film/Analog Camera Retail)
4. What kind of printing do you specialize in?
Hawaii Pacific Photo offers "wet" digital darkroom printing, also known as Digital-C printing. That means all of your prints are exposed on light-sensitive paper and run through batches of silver-based chemistry, the very same processes you'd perform in a darkroom.
5. What makes wet printing special? Is it better?
The simple truth is that it comes down to preference.
Modern dry printers are capable of producing photos with a wider range of colors and richer, deeper blacks. However, wet prints are capable of producing sharper, clearer images, and gradients not normally found in silverless mediums.
While dry printing technology is quickly catching up in terms of matching the quality of wet printing, there will always be a subtle difference between the two methods. The pros and cons are many but, ultimately, it's up to you to decide!
6. What's the largest size you can print?
Our large format printer can expose a single image up to 36 inches wide and 60 inches long.
7. What print surfaces do you offer?
Semigloss (Luster), Glossy, Metallic Paper, Duratrans Dry: Canvas